Tuesday, December 10, 2024

Semester 17 Chapter XIII: Winter Cycling

What’s up everybody, here we go again. Another week has passed so I got some ammo for this thing right here. Let me start by saying that these European winters can be quite draining. I don’t really miss Tenerife overall but I do miss the climate a bit. Waking up into dark sucks and all the cold doesn’t make it much better. Having said that, Netherlands has its perks. It is a bit warmer than Central Europe and with all the cycling infrastructure, if the weather is in your favor, you can do nice little trips between towns here even in December. We did one yesterday and it was really pleasant.

 


Apart from all the usual, I did manage to do a pretty cool dinner at this vegetarian place called Symbiose. That was Friday. The place is not fully vegan but they do provide some solid vegan options. It was also the closet I’d been to fine dining in ages. I’m talking 4 course menu, everything arranged in a visually pleasing manner, nice little set-up with an open kitchen. Kind of an experience. The dinner then transformed into a pretty long night so Saturday was mostly chilled.


On Sunday, we decided to do the bike trip to Leiden. It’s like 16km and on one of my bikes I got back in the Czech Republic, it would have taken 30mins tops. On these Dutch heavyweights, it’s a bit of a different story but at least you got time to soak everything in. The weather was great, the route was mostly beautiful (sunny fields, woods...), it was all very rewarding. In Leiden, we checked the Rijksmuseum and then we hopped on a bus to Katwijk for our evening sauna session. You see, Kuuma opened a new one over there and since The Hague was fully booked, we decided to give it a shot. We took a train back home, made it there around 9pm and I felt very comfortably tired. One of the good days.

 


So yeah, new week on deck, lotta traveling planned out for this one… Time flies, things are moving. Enjoying some last local yoga sessions before a longer break, working as usual, all is well. Hope y’all good, hope you keep it positive and focus on the good. Sending love to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Bikes.
  • Fine dinners.
  • Saunas.

No comments:

Post a Comment