Hello world, what the fuck is up, here we go again. It’s a sunny Monday morning, I just got back from a walk with the doggo (which was beautiful) and I’m about to catch a hot yoga class before this week’s work kicks in. Last week was all about family and friends and all of it fell in place smoothly just as it always does. Let’s get to it.
I arrived to Prague Saturday early morning and went to my friend’s spot. They left me a key in one of the locker joints downtown. So I wouldn’t wake them up. Which would have been great if they hadn’t left the key in the door from the inside. Took me like 15 minutes of knocking and ringing to drag them out of bed I made it in. I swear I nearly gave up. Was thinking about going back to the station to catch a connection to Brno. Dealing with that shit after 14 hour on a bus was not amazing. Anyways, it all worked out and from that point, everything flowed.
My friends are renovating their tattoo shop so I had a chance to see the current state. Looks great. In the evening, there was a gathering of some of my favorite people back at my friend’s spot. And even thought there were some clubbing ideas floating around, we ended up staying in and talking till about 7am. Slept for 2 hours, met up with some of my fellow vegan people, had brunch and a pretty cool hangout and in the afternoon, I met up with my sister and her partner to catch a train to Brno. We ended up having a coupe for ourselves which was awesome. Time flew like it was nothing.
And then my hometown… On Monday, I went to my dad’s trivia night. Which we won. As usual. They also fixed a vast area around the river in Brno so me and dad went to check it out on Tuesday. They did an amazing job. There’s a cycling lane, there’s a pedestrian lane, there’s loads of greenery, the water is somehow crystal clear (it totally was not beforehand). I really believe this extends the center dramatically and gives people a reason the spend time in whole different places. Kudos! On Wednesday, I picked up my nephew at the kindergarten and then did the whole evening with him and sis. Thursday evening, I picked up some homemade Greek olive oil from some family friends and then dropped by at a friend’s workplace for a chat.
Friday afternoon, I met up with that same friend at a café and then we hopped on our bikes and proceeded towards a village not far from Brno where one of my bros lives. We stopped for a swim at this small lake on a way. Awesome. Later on that evening we got join by another of my friends and had a real cool evening. The following morning, we went for a 20km run wrapped up by yet another swim. Had a lunch over there and then headed back home. Spent the whole afternoon reading. In the evening, we had another meet-up, had some drinks and eventually headed to this Fraktal place for some techno. Smaller event, cool people, great music, stayed until about 6am. No alcohol, felt great.
Funny thing.. At the party, I talked to this guy in his mid-twenties and he told me it’s cool to see people pushing 40 still going to raves and having fun. In his head, that shit would stop around 30. And I do understand where he was coming from. When I was at my party age, I perceived guys my current age exactly the same. And it is also cool that I still get to go (albeit far less) and I still love it and visually I still somewhat fit in. But it’s also scary being that guy now. In The Netherlands, you see people of different age groups at events like these here and there but in Brno, the crowd is mostly much younger. And you’re the ancient veteran that remembers things from centuries ago. I’m good with that but it’s all a bit funny. And time flies like crazy…
Also… When you walk home at around 6am from a party, you tend to be quite skeptical about the upcoming day. I felt great but I was also contemplating a possibility of spending the whole fucking Sunday at home not doing jack shit. I eventually did sleep a bit and before noon, I felt ready to go. So I hopped on my bike yet again, met up with my cycling buddy and we went to the outskirts of Brno to meet up with one of my techno buddies from the night before. Trees, nature, peace and quiet. Very welcomed. Then we did an amazing cycling route to Bílovice for another beer. I made it back home in the evening feeling fucking great about the whole weekend. Everything worked out, I saw so many of my favorite souls, I did a lot of exercise, I dived into my tribal self for some dancing. Hell fucking yes.
Now it’s back to work but I also have some fun stuff lined up for the week. Oh, and I also got me some new barefoot running shoes and they’re on point. So I’ve been warming them up a lot. Anyways, sending some love to everybody over here. It’s a fucking privilege being surrounded by so much positive energy and love. Hope y’all having great summer too! Sending love to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- Prague.
- Brno.
- People.


No comments:
Post a Comment