Okay, let’s do this. Lately, I’ve been having quite some traffic on this blog and some of the guys have been going way down the memory lane with me which made me revisit some older posts. I’m still not sure why I do this but I do this and to be honest, reading shit I was going through years back is kinda cool. My memory is pretty useless so this kinda feels like a testament. It brings me places, it makes me grateful and it also makes me appreciate all the things and people I’ve encountered within the past decade or so. So yeah, shout out to everybody who considers and of this shit somewhat interesting.
I’m writing this chapter from a bus. I’m on my way to Prague to spend some time with my loved ones and I decided to take advantage of some of the time I got to burn before I get there. See, I really try not to fly. Honestly, I’m not doing the greatest job when it comes to that, but I do try. So these 14-hour rides back and forth have become quite a staple in my modus operandi. And frankly, it’s not too bad. Much longer than the flight but it’s also city center to city center, much more comfy and mostly overnight. So yeah, go buses and trains!
These past couple of days in The Hague have been great. I got a new diving buddy now with whom I went on a dive on Monday evening. See, having a diving buddy is awesome since you don’t depend on the diving center. You pick you time, you pick your location, you go. The guy picked Grevelingen which is about 100km from The Hague. Which means there’s no way I’d get there just by following the diving center’s agenda. And it was really good. We had a good chat, the dive was chilled, visibility much better than the week before. And granted, you get good visibility mostly around 4-8 meters but I’m honestly still in awe I get to dive regularly again. Diving is apparently a bigger thing than I’d thought over here. For the first time ever, I saw a publicly accessible compressor for tank refills. You come, you put some coins in and you can do for another dive. Fucking brilliant. The refill is like 4 EUR. I am surprised anybody considers this a good business model but I’m sending a whole lot of love! The only drawback at the site were jellyfish. There were loads of them everywhere (especially around 2-4 meters) and they stung. Not too much, all irritation was gone the next day… But our faces were burning after I got out. Anyways, really cool dive. Dropping some videos to this blog for you guys to get an idea. Fish, crabs, all that…
The rest of the week was work, workouts, yoga and runs. Weather has been nice so it was all very pleasant. I think I’m locking on the dancer pose and sugarcane starts to feel doable too. Handstands still not all that but I’m coming. Step by step. Thank god my addictions happen to be healthy at this stage of my life. So yeah, shout out to all the yogis, all the vegans, all the people who connect rather than disconnect and some extra love to my readers! Keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- Diving.
- Running.
- Yoga.
No comments:
Post a Comment