Wednesday, March 11, 2026

Semester 20 Chapter II: Sore Legs

Okay, here we go again. Recently, we’ve had couple of cases of public figures doing technically questionable shit in our country. Our president has repeatedly refused to swear in a minister nominee submitted by the prime minister which goes against our constitutional habits. Furthermore, one of the most prolific TV hosts on Czech Television has recently resigned after being forced to have a leader of one of our fascist parties on his show. He did it live right after the debate. And I got just one thing to say about all of this. The fact that some people decide to do any of that does not mean they want to show support to the opposition. Not anymore. I see these things as symbolic gestures. Did the president manage to stop fascists and oligarchs running this country? No. Did the TV host manage to prevent these fuckers from coming on TV and spewing hate and lies? Also no. They just drew a line they felt was appropriate and did what they could given their stature. These specific individuals (in their opinion) represent something that has no place in free world and democracy. Those people are incompetent, openly homophobic, misogynistic and… let’s call a spade a spade… fascist. So no, this ain’t about left or right anymore. This is about some basic fucking humanity. And we’re losing it. And although you can question technical aspects here… And rightfully so... The battle is really happening between fascism and non-fascism at the moment. And we have to look at it like that.

 


Back to this shit tho. My trip to Malaysia is still surrounded by question marks. My tickets are still in the system, they are confirmed and the airline still sells that route. So I guess they are pretty optimistic. At the moment, they are carefully reopening the airspace above the region but regular scheduled flights are still off. Gonna wait for another 10 days tops and if it looks bad, I’ll try to find an alternative route. I really don’t feel like giving this up.

 


Apart from the usual, I had a pretty active weekend. Started it Saturday morning with some yoga and followed it by a bike ride with one of my friends. We ended up doing around 75km. Weather was beautiful, ride was great. Using the bike I imported form The Hague and it’s going well. Sunday morning, I joined the same guy and his running club for the first time. That turned out to be a 25km run. Nice people, great views and yet again, awesome weather. In the evening, I felt done. Parked it to the sauna and called it a weekend.

 


So there you have it. It’s a full spring mode out there, I did another run today, feeling good in this motherfucker. Hope you guys are doing well, too. Keep it light, keep it positive, don’t entertain bullshit and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. Love and peace to the people in Iran. One!


Highlights:

  • Running.
  • Cycling.
  • Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment