Saturday, March 28, 2026

Semester 20 Chapter IV: Choirs

What’s good, what’s bad, whose fault, who cares… Here we go! Another one on the deck, let’s get to it. First of all, another update on my Malaysian adventure. Last Friday, I got notified that I was entitled to cancel my tickets with Qatar free of charge. Now, there’s still a slim chance that some of these flights go next week but the situation is completely chaotic, shitty and it seems that the whole region has entered some Afghanistan scenario. Anyways, after some thinking I decided to indeed cancel those and got myself another set with Turkish Airlines. About twice as expensive so I feel I’m owed couple hundred euros by Trump administration at the moment. The important thing is that the problem is solved tho and unless somebody decides it’s a great idea to bomb Istanbul, nothing should come in the way between me and this little mission of mine. Departing next Friday.


What else… Last Friday, me and bro went to a Czech rap concert. Now, I had not been to one in fucking ages. Don’t really follow Czech rap, most of it is wannabe gangsta money making trash, some of it is guys singing to Gen-Z and I’m just way too old for any of that shit. However, there’s this rapper I used to listen to when I was about 20 years younger. He and his partner pretty much revolutionized the scene back then. Now he’s 40+ and after years of nothing much he’s released 2 consecutive albums which are just awesome. Adult, self-reflective, therapeutic… With a pinch of assholeness. And trust me, it resonates. So we hit this small venue and on the way to the concert hall, we stopped by at a stall where the guy was selling some of his music and merch. It was cool chopping it up for a bit and giving some well deserved props. I got myself a t-shirt. Not because I needed one but because I felt like supporting. The show itself was great. Great rapping, funny, flowing between light, stupid and deep. I was smiling ear to ear most of the time. The whole shit brought back so many memories. So shout out James Cole, shout out Idea… You guys have done something really cool and I hope you’ll keep it rolling.


Saturday, I did some morning yoga and then I caught a bus to Prague. See, there was a demonstration scheduled in the city. The whole point was to express dissatisfaction with the government. With oligarchy, with attempts to control public media, with fascists getting more powerful, with pro-Russian tendencies of many of our leaders. And it was massive. Between 200k – 250k people showed up. Never been in a crowd this big. It was extremely well organized, it was not aggressive, there were many good speakers… To me, the highlight was the speech delivered by the organizer. He said that even though it was nice for all of us to gather, that shit is not enough anymore. It’s not enough to say that this guy is bad and that guy sucks. And then go home. People need to get active in their communities, people need to start joining political parties, we all need to start operate publicly. Which is exactly how I feel and I have some things mapped out for this year. He was also pretty critical towards the opposition. We can’t be reactive only. We have to be pro-active. Clear alternatives need to be articulated, we need to address real issues in a digestable way and we need to stop the divide. At the end of the day, the problem is wealth inequality, housing crisis and ultra-rich controlling everything from politicians to media. And once we all agree on that, we can start a conversation on what to do with it. After about 2 hours, the whole things was wrapped up by everybody singing the Czech anthem. And let me tell you… Singing a song along with 200k+ people feels powerful. Kudos to everybody over there and best of luck to all of us!


I spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with my people in the city and Sunday evening, I was on my way back to Brno. The week has been super busy but I managed to squeeze in all the important things. Yoga, running, workout and even some swimming yesterday. Followed by dinner and some drinks with the guys. Oh, and since I was cat-sitting for my sis once more, I fucking finished that Mafia game. Which marks the first time me finishing a video game since about 2014. Go me! I also went to the citema for a documentary about Hungarian independent media on Monday. It mapped gradual destruction of free specch in the country, it was very well done and for many reasons, it was very relatable to what is happening in our country now. They screened it as part of a documetary festival Jeden svět (One World) which was taking place in Brno for a couple of days.


Anyways, it’s Saturday morning, I’m bumping the new Baby Keem, I have finished my workout, did a 15-minute meditation (trying to incorporate that some more these days) and I’m about to hit my yoga studio. Energy is right in this motherfucker. Hope you guys are well. Keep it light, keep it positive and don’t let them fuck with your inner light. And go vegan. One!


Highlights:

  • Yoga.
  • Rap.
  • Demonstrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment