Okay, here we go again. I’m on a bus yet again. This time I’m gonna have an experience. See, as a part of my new traveling policy, I’ve decided not to fly around Europe unless there’s no other reasonable option. So I’m about to hit the road towards Prague in about 30 minutes. And then I got 18 hours on this motherfucker. And then additional 3 on a train to Brno. Most of my friends think I’ve gone mad as there’s a direct flight from London to Brno but somebody’s gotta save the planet. So here we go. Got some T.I. in the headphones, got the second volume of The Calculation Of Volume ready, got a whole lotta snacks and this little blog post to complete. This is going to be a ride.
Last week tho… I really enjoyed my time in Amsterdam. Hangouts with my friend were great, weather was beautiful… We attended the World Press Photo exhibition in De Nieuwe Kerk. That was heavy. I try to remind myself regularly but man… My problems are really nice. I deal with where to go next, I deal with feelings and relationships… There are people dealing with completely different things in this world. Respect to everybody portrayed and all the photographers. The venue (former church) was just a cherry on the top.
My stay in Amsterdam got extended by a day as on Tuesday I received a message notifying me about cancellation of my train to London. There was some sort of fire damaging power network in Rotterdam and a massive amount of trains got affected. They did allow to re-book the ticket for free but you could tell that demand for that was overwhelming. For some time it wasn’t showing me any options within the following three days but after like 30 minutes of refreshing the page, I managed to secure a spot on a Thursday train with a transfer in Brussels.
So Thursday night, I finally made it to London. It was my first time going through the Eurotunnel and it makes me happy knowing there are some high-speed trains in Europe. In China it felt like a standard, here’s it’s all a bit more scarce. What I don’t like is how much more annoying going to the UK has become. I still remember when all it took was a fucking ID. Then it was a passport. Now it’s a passport, 20 GBP and a whole fucking airport treatment. Well played, Brits, really well played.
London was fun as well. Been about two and a half years since my last visit and it’s always nice to be back. And it’s good to be in hands of somebody who actually lives there. Me and my friend walked around a lot, we visited a service at St. Paul’s Cathedral (never been there before and that shit makes you fear God), we visited Tate, some cool restaurants. I even squeezed a gym visit and a run in. Pretty full two days.
And yeah, now it’s the bus. We just drove into a cargo train that’s gonna take us to mainland Europe and then it’s back home. There are couple of things I’m really looking forward to get back to, recording music being one of them. Got a whole new song that I wrote in Amsterdam and I just need fucking access to a microphone. And yeah, that’s about that. Hope you guys are well, hope you keep it positive, you don’t entertain bullshit and you don’t let any living soul fuck with your inner light. One!
Highlights:
- Amsterdam.
- London.
- Gym. After a really long fucking time.


































No comments:
Post a Comment