Monday, October 1, 2018

Semester 5 Chapter IV: Sailing & Lighter Flicks


Okay, so let me start with some music. Ladies and gentlemen, the day has arrived Weezy has released Carter V. After like 5 years of delays. And I dont honestly give a shit about what anybody says, the album is incredible. This was one of the very rare occasions, when I was glued up to my laptop refreshing shit, being impatient as fuck. Had it on repeat ever since it came out and Im not really planning to stop... God damn, that shit is good...


Aight, what else has happened... I met with my supervisor for the first time after the summer which kinda put me back to reality. Got a lot to do both for my dissertation and papers (some of which I should publish or present, I guess). So starting today, Im gonna resume my regular visits to the library at the local community center and Im gonna start being responsible again. The PhD quest is still on...


Outside of that, I kicked back a bit. All of the drinking during the summer was real hard on my system, so I still do my best not to go outside every day... I got out on Wednesday first to My Place and then to our Italian beer place (Alimentari), and then again on Friday. My Place again. As I mentioned before, our group is getting bigger so the number of peers who usually show up for our little meet ups increases. It was like 6 of us, there was some pool playing, beer drinking... And yeah... Carter 5 blasting out the speakers... Cause that's how I roll...


The most chilled day was Saturday tho... I had some shit to take care of in the morning but right after that, I hopped on my bike, grabbed some quick peanut noodles, rode to the ferry dock by the end of Fuxing Lu and headed straight to Century park, where I met with the Lithuanians... We did some petangue, waited for more friends, and later in the afternoon, we rented these small motor boats you can bring out to the artificial lake. They are equipped with a motor and a steering wheel so you dont even have to paddle. The capacity is 4 people and you pay 80 RMB per hour for the whole thing. We managed to do this during the sunset so it was pretty picturesque... If youre ever there, this a pretty fun thing to do... Especially if you bring some beers and shit... In the evening with met at Alimentari again for a beer...


And the Golden Week started. Schools and some local businesses shut down, many people from Shanghai are leaving to their hometowns and provinces, city is getting emptier and slower. We were initially thinking about doing some trips as well but the thing is... While traveling over this festival is kinda nightmare (literally all interesting spots are packed), Shanghai, on the other hand, is super chilled... So I guess Shanghai it is... And I intend to take advantage of having a little looser schedule, and actually start pushing forward all the university stuff... Yay me!


Highlights:

  • I got my bike tires busted twice this week (both front and back) I feel they always come in twos. Hopefully Im done with that shit for a while.
  • C5! I cant stress this enough. C5!
  • Started skateboarding a bit more. And its still fun as hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment