Monday, October 29, 2018

Semester 5 Chapter VIII: Burning Hotpots


Since I have to submit a paper in couple of days, I really tried my best to spend some time in the library getting my academics on. Im not sure if Im moving the right direction but Im doing something. And yeah... Doing something is not necessarily always better than doing nothing but let's hope for the best here.


Outside of that, Im still moving low key. Feel like Im gonna have to start getting out there a bit more. Its so easy for me to cut down socializing tho... On Wednesday, my bro got me out for a beer at My Place. That was kinda needed. We did some pool, caught up, and wrapped it up with some top-notch street food. After a while, I paid a visit to the noodle lady. Still spot on.


On Saturday, my Dragon Burn friends suggested going to this party at Uncaffe. People involved with Dragon Burn organized this, and since its Halloween time as well, you can guess how the whole thing looked. Even with no Halloween, the spot would be packed with weirdly dressed individuals but this occasion only boosted it all. Bunch of comic books characters, sex slaves, dinosaurs, fairies... Everything. Plus psychedelic music in the background. Some of my friends were selling vegan sweets on the spot. Pretty awesome. Also, my favorite arcades are located in the same building so before going there, we did some racing. Nice little hangout.


Oh, I also paid a visit to the fake market at Science and Technology museum. Needed some new shoes as I skateboard way more than the last year so I'm fucking them up a bit faster. Getting my size is close to mission impossible but I eventually succeeded. Got some cheap ass headphones for skateboarding as well while I was at it. Pretty sure Im not gonna be back there anytime soon.


On Sunday, a vegan friend of mine invited me for a lunch to this Vegan Hotpot place in the 818 mall at West Nanjing Road. I was kinda skeptical, cause I avoid malls like a motherfucker, but it turned out to be a pretty cool. I mean yeah, its still a mall but they designed the place in a way you barely realize it while in. Plus its all vegan and you get to mix your own dip sauce out of awesome options (sesame sauce, veggie oyster sauce, mushroom sauce, spices...). Its a Tibet inspired cuisine so its a bit different from the Chinese vegan spots around, and its really worth a visit.


Just got back from my run and outdoor workout, weather is still okay lets hope it stays like that. Its hard to believe that its been two months since my comeback to Shanghai. Time flies...


Highlights:

  • This blog got to 5000 views. So shout out to my readership!
  • 2nd season of Ozark. Im almost done with it and its amazing.
  • Last Tuesday, my day got really jammed which required me to travel a lot around Shanghai. And by lot, I mean a lot. I spent like 4 hours on subway. The longest journey was over 2 hours and consisted of 4 transfers. Sometimes you forget how big this motherfucker actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment