Let’s start
lightly today. The whole Kayne situation is incredible. First of all, if
someone would have told me 10 years ago that the rapper Kayne West (the guy who
at one point stated “George
Bush doesn’t care about black people”) would meet with Donald
Trump the president in the oval office wearing MAGA hat, dropping some Dadaism bullshit for about 20
minutes, it would not really sound very believable to me. I honestly hope Kanye is
shooting his spin on Borat or some shit. But I’m
afraid all this shit is for real and I’m not
even sure what exactly does it say about the world we live in. I would just
like to see someone who loves Kanye to slap the living hell out of him and shut
him down for couple of months.
Now back to my bullshit. Still taking it easy alcohol-wise,
still not being overly social, still enjoying my Chinese life. Last week a
friend of mine from Germany came to town. He’s
basically the first guy I met in Shanghai. About a year prior to moving here
for studies, I worked at Nanjing University for a month and when I made a
weekend trip to Shanghai, he was my Couchsurfing host. So on
Wednesday, we met up with some other friends at this Tap House place at Taixing
Road. Never been there before. It’s a
regular Western beer spot with good and overpriced beer on tap and quite affordable
bottled beer. Nice catching up...
On Friday, a my vegan friend hosted another potluck dinner
and I managed to make it this time. Cooked some black beans with veggies and hung out
with some other veggie heads (or at least veggie friendly peers) for a bit. As
usual, there was a lot of great food, lots of great drinks. 10 for 10. The day
after, I dropped in at this KTV bar in Wujiaochang to hang out with my German
friend and some of his people once more. It was my first time at a
KTV place and it was pretty cool. I just kinda feel it’s not ever really gonna be my thing. Who knows tho... The weather was super nice and the bike ride all the way there was pretty
awesome.
A friend of mine also texted me with this idea of going to
Xujiahui park for some basketball. We managed to get one more friend on board
so Sunday afternoon, we met up and went to the courts. I got reminded of how
great public space works in Shanghai. The courts are free for public, there are
six baskets with enough space to play a game around each of them, and there were quite a lot Chinese
playing that shit. We didn’t bring
a ball but that turned out not to be a problem at all. I don’t know exactly how it works but all
you have to do is get your ass pretty much anywhere and once any ball bounces
off to you, you just take it, do whatever you wanna do and wait for another
one. You flow in, you flow out. We even joined some locals for couple of games.
I hadn’t played the game for years so
I kinda sucked - still managed to score here and there, and to my surpise, I did not forget how to dribble. It was super fun tho and I feel it wasn’t the last time. And the whole openness and energy of the place was awesome. Plus those Chinese were straight up killing it.
Most of them are way shorter than us but god damn, they got skills and they are
fast as fuck. After like two hours of that, we treated ourselves with a beer in
the park. I went for Tsingtao stout and I gotta say, they kinda killed that one.
Probably the best Chinese beer I’ve had
so far.
In the evening, I went to visit my Montenegro girls. They
got themselves a new spot by Xujiahui Road and I got invited to check it out
and hang out for a bit. Their spot is awesome, some other people showed up...
Nice way to wrap up the week...
Highlights:
- Booked tickets for my winter holiday. Fiji & Vanuatu – I’m coming!
- Quavo got a new album out. And the production is insane.
- New Bojack Horseman. Almost forgot how good the show is...









No comments:
Post a Comment