Monday, October 8, 2018

Semester 5 Chapter V: Movies & Food


Hello world, here we go again. Shanghai is getting colder day by day, but by Czech standards, we are still experiencing summer vibes. The only thing that really changed is that you might consider long sleeves in the evenings... Other than that, its still nice and cozy...


Last week was pretty cool. I even managed to visit library couple of times and push my university responsibilities forward a little. The Golden Week pretty much wiped out the city so there were less people in the streets, less traffic, everything was more chilled and overall very non-Shanghainese....


 
On Monday, there was another movie night hosted by my Lithuanian peers. Its really becoming a thing... We are getting close to having their spot packed, the vibe is always cool... And its also one of few activities you can do without drinking at all... I mean you can do anything without drinking, but not drinking at a beer spot is way weirder that not drinking at a movie night... Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy booze... Im just working to toning it down a little bit...


On Wednesday, part of our crew met up at Xiangyang park. We did some whiskey (so much for toning it down), beers and went to ALL for 2nd year anniversary party of Genome 666 collective. It was pretty cool but man... Exactly what the fuck Im talking about... Alcohol is not exactly an upper so after like an hour I was dying.... It might be just me getting old tho... Who the fuck knows...


On Friday, we did a dinner at one of my favorite restaurants at Wanping road. Hadnt been there since June... Its one of those Chinese joints where you share the food so basically - the more people, the better...  It was like 8 of us, the food was bomb and each of us paid like 30 RMB... Including fucking beer... We wrapped the whole shit up at Alimentari... An oh, I managed to include my peers from Dragon Burn... Nice little reunion...


The next day, we did another movie night and my friend from Turkey showed up with some real ass Turkish Raki... Again, my easing up on drinking is at theory stage at the point... Gotta admit, the drink was super nice...


Other than that, I have dealt with all the regular shit, got a haircut, did some more skateboarding and checked all the new music releases... I wanna point out Dime Trap. The thing is... If I had to pick two of my all-time favorite rappers, it would be Wayne and T.I. And both released new albums just recently. And both fucking delivered. But theres so much more... Really... Its challenging to keep up with all of that...


Highlights:

  • Anderson Paak & Kendrick Tints. Nuff said.
  • Yanping Road with no cars at like 9am. God damn...
  • Turkish Raki. As a straight up whiskey guy, I gotta give it up this one. Smooth as hell....

No comments:

Post a Comment