Monday, May 18, 2020

Semester 8 Chapter XIII: Summer Coming

Whats good everybody. We got another week on deck and this time Im gonna start with all the amazing music that dropped over the past couple of days. Polo G has another great album out, Future delivered, Moneybag Yo dropped a deluxe edition of his last project. On top of that, theres, Bad Bunny and Nav. Shit has been crazy. Shout out to all the artists staying active during this crisis!

Speaking of crisis, we continue getting more relaxed over here. First of all, seems like summer has finally kicked the door open and we should be looking at temperatures consistently around 20 degrees. So people are obviously tempted to spend some time outside. Facemasks are still mandatory but you can tell its not being taken as seriously as couple weeks back. Its still respected indoors but out in the open people just take it easy. In couple of days, government plans to cancel the policy of wearing it outdoors completely. They also plan to reopen indoor areas of pubs and restaurants, however, in that case, face mask will still be required. The official emergency state is over though. Still no word on whats gonna happen with traveling outside of Europe... Which is a nice segue way for another little rant. So we have our national Czech airlines, right... Now check this out... The government wants to pour shitloads of money into it to compensate losses caused by the pandemic. Which is all nice, expect the airlines are owned half by a Czech billionaire (also a friend of our criminal asshole prime minister) and half by Chinese. So... Instead of making sure all the small businesses survive and to support those in actual need, or instead of pumping money into healthcare and education or any of the areas that have again proven themselves to be absolutely essential and drastically underfunded recently... Or to try to balance out this situation where malls and big ass chains are basically murdering smaller players, we will spend fucking tax payers money to support bullshit environmentally destructive thing which is more than capable of taking care of itself. Im not gonna spend too much time on this but it is another beautiful illustration of what the fuck pisses the fuck out of me in todays reality. The audacity... I dont really like to get confrontational but here we go.. All you free market right wing pseudo nationalistic low-key nazi fukctards... Here is my middle finger, heres another one and there goes one major FUCK YOU! Im not even pretending your points are legit anymore. If you believe in anything you preach, you are insane. And socially ass backwards. And environmentally extremely irresponsible. And evil. And stupid.

Now when we got that out of the way, lets move on to the important shit. On top of the classes I teach, I got into some transcription gigs too. Its pretty interesting as I work mostly on audio books and documentaries. Definitely better that court hearings or some shit. Did some website testing too. Hustling a little bit.

I also started reading the new book by 50 Cent. Not expecting much, I was blown away. Its a great fucking book, super self-reflective, inspirational and amazingly delivered. Dont get me wrong, I know 50 is an intelligent guy but this is some other shit. I can absolutely recommend this one...

What else... Not much really. In a weird way, Im enjoying being a bit isolated. I still do regular calls with my people quite frequently but I dont mind not really dating or going out. I dont really drink much neither anymore. Guess Im getting okay with the idea of catching up on all of that stuff once this whole shit is over for real. My workout routine is still on some military shit and Im not planning on slowing down anytime soon...

And thats about it. Hope yall doing well, it seems that we are approaching the end of pandemic, season 1. Quite some cliffhangers in place, looks like shit can and absolutely will get worse. On the pandemic level but also politically and socially. So dont go anywhere, grab your popcorn, sit back, relax and watch this whole shit unfold. It is coming. Sending all the love to my people, no matter where you at. Stay safe. One!

Highlights:

  • So my SD card died. I still transfer actual mp3s to my phone to listen to music. Guess 4 years of daily usage can kill an SD card. Got a new one, Im up and running again.
  • Finished last season of Ozark. Awesome.
  • Weather. I was missing this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment