Sunday, May 3, 2020

Semester 8 Chapter XI: Hills & Shoots


Hello world, its that time of the week again. Another Shanghai Czech-in entry totally not written in Shanghai. The pandemic situation is seemingly improving. Theres more stores being opened, theres definitely more people in the streets, and even though everyone still walks around in a face mask, they often wear it wrapped around their chin pulling it up only when they get close to one another. It also seems that the number of new cases consistently decreases so the trajectory here looks optimistic. However, in terms of international travels, I dont really hear any updates. Gonna have to wait for that.


So yeah, Im still on my quarantine shit. Its still lots of workouts, lots of running, more and more teaching, cooking, eating, all that. On Wednesday, I did a photoshoot for a friend who also lives in our building. She is a photographer and since shes updating her portfolio these days, she figured she might use a tatted-up guy to make it more colorful. We had like 90-minutes session, it was fun, the previews look cool and Im gonna share some of that once I get the finals. I also somewhat finished a song and after like forever updated my soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/taeb31/regular-check-dtb4life-remix). 


On Thursday, we had a conference call with some students from my Chinese uni. My supervisor kinda insists on us doing those weekly from now on. The fact that he doesnt bother to attend illustrates how seriously he takes it. I havent seen the guy in more than a year and frankly, I often forget that Im doing a PhD in the first place. Anyways, it was pretty okay and its nice seeing the younger students still believing that this program will provide them with any sort of guidance or academic value. Who am I to crush their dreams...


On Saturday, I joined my dad and his gf for a trip outside of Brno to visit her daughter. We hopped on a train, rode for about 40km and got out in a lovely village. We spent the day walking around hills, talking and drinking. Pretty awesome day. I took the last evening train back to Brno the others were spending the night. Waiting for the train in the middle of the night at a completely empty station had a bit of a mystique to it...


Thats about it. Not the most eventful times but everything is good, everyone around is positive and we are making it through this storm like some fucking bosses. Talked to quite a lot of my people all over the world last week too. Everybody is in good spirits which makes me happy too. Talk to you next week, until then stay safe. One!



Highlights:

  • The new Zizek book on Covid-19. Some awesome reads.
  • Alina Baraz album. Dope.
  • Czech countryside. We definitely got that going for us over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment