What’s good everybody. 2020 still kicking hard – both over here and globally. I’m still pissed as fuck about this whole U.S. thing but I’m not gonna spend too much time on it this time – I feel I said all I had to say the last time. Let me just throw in a little side note. I do think it’s important to be as vocal as possible about these issues. If you see injustice, speak the fuck up! However, I also feel that getting emotional on Instagram sometimes seems kinda whack. Especially if you’re from the Czech Republic - one of the most racist countries I’ve ever seen. So yeah, let’s do all the posts and black out Tuesdays and shit, but let’s try to address what happens right fucking here, right under our noses too. Let’s acknowledge that and let’s try to make couple of steps the right direction in that department. This social media activism is all nice but it has its limits. And it’s not only Minneapolis. People’s lives are being fucked each and every day because of racism and we don’t necessarily have to cross the ocean to see that.
The biggest news coming up from this past week is that I’m a business now. I teach for 3 different companies and when I got deeper in the whole contracts bullshit, I figured it’s better for me to start a business on my own and just give out invoices. So I registered with the Czech authorities and here I fucking go. Never thought this would ever happen – this corona thing really switches shit up. I’m not too thrilled about it and man, I hate dealing with government offices, but I got it done.
What else... Tuesday, I met up with a friend I haven’t seen in like 6 years. Since she has a baby now (same as everybody else in my age group apparently), we met up in park and hung out for the whole afternoon. Catching up, drinking beer, eating ice cream... Eventually dropping by at my favorite vegan spot nearby for some dinner. Cool ass day...
Wednesday, I met up with my bro for some beers at our regular spot by the main railway station. That place is the shit for real. Anyone who has come to visit me in Brno already know...
Saturday was a family day. My dad made some lunch, the girls came over with the nephew, and in the afternoon we took it to the reservoir on the outskirts of Brno. Me, the moms, nephew and our neighbor with her kid and her sis. When it comes to Brno, there are only few places as popular among locals. Lotta people everywhere, lotta youngsters, lotta families, people just chilling and enjoying the day. In the evening, we joined our dad and his peers at his friend’s spot by the river. They had an afternoon petanque session over there. Made it home around 10pm feeling fucking good.
I did my first four Business English classes at this interior design company last Tuesday and Wednesday too. Gotta say, the more I teach, the more I think this might be the thing for me to do in the long term. I feel I’m pretty damn good at it, it’s a mix of performance, psychology and socializing – everything I enjoy. Since this company does design, their office space is really on point. And I can show up in a fucking vegan t-shirt covered in tats with no eyebrows raised. Quite the opposite actually. I get a coffee, I am dearly appreciated, feedback has been nothing but great, classes are fun – all awesome. I work with some girls a bit younger than me, with some designers and managers my age and few people in their forties. I like the diversity.
I also had another class in my driving school. Some more
theory – I believe the next time, I’m gonna actually hop in a car. And
yeah, outside of that it’s been
my regular workout routines, running, cycling all over the city, music
listening... The regular. Hope you guys are doing beautiful, summer is in the
air. One!
- The Morning Show. What a fucking great TV series.
- New Run the Jewels. Killer Mike is that guy.
- Second wave of Covid kicking in in Israel. This shit is gonna be fun....







No comments:
Post a Comment