Saturday, June 13, 2020

Semester 8 Chapter XVIII: Brno Vibes & Steering Wheels

Okay, before we get down to the shits, lets address whats going on in the world once more. Im gonna just throw some facts out there to make sure were clear on that. Racism is VERY real. All over the world that is a FACT. Yes, there are social problems amongst all races but if you are anything but white heterosexual male, you simply got worse cards right from the scratch. It is sickening, it is wrong, it is fucking sad as shit. But it is what it is and it is time we fucking acknowledge that. Its not time to scream All Lives Matter or some bullshit like that. Billie Eilish wrote an awesome post on that and I salute her for that. In the U.S., in Europe, in Russia, in China all over the fucking world, your skin color can disqualify you from getting a job/apartment and can absolutely get you hurt or killed. Its centuries of discrimination, never-ending cycle of oppression and issues that simply havent been addressed structurally for ages. The world is so deep in that spiral, it takes a lot of imagination and positive thinking to even visualize a way out. And when fucking white cops keep on killing unarmed black people in the U.S. for no reason, or when any future for the Romani community is keeping on being consistently destroyed in the Czech Republic, the least we can do is stand besides our friends, brothers and sisters affected by this and show whatever support we can. Fuck looted shops, fuck police cars, fuck all that shit. If you ask me, its a miracle that 99% of protest go non-violent. And we should salute protesters for that as well. Use whatever voice you got, whatever platform youre on... Dont tolerate bullshit when encountering it; were past that. SPEAK THE FUCK UP!


You see, I am raised by black culture. Hip-hop has been such an essential part of my life like forever (and still is to this day), I have no idea what would I be without it as a person. My heroes are of all ethnicities; however, non-whites and females prevail... I lived in China for years, I am fortunate enough to have close people all over the world. And now its not time to question anything. Now its time show some fucking humanity and compassion. Its time to declare some things unacceptable and to fight. In the case of George Floyd, all of those cops should get the maximum sentence possible. No sane person could possibly state otherwise. BLACK LIVES DO FUCKING MATTER!

Aight, so what has happened here. Still going to that driving school. Last week, they actually put me behind the wheel so I did some actual driving. I still have no intentions on buying a car or even actually using one but fuck it... Seems Im not the worst at it and maybe itll come handy at some point. Been teaching quite a lot too. Its going well, Im having fun with it, its all good. I also went to the Brno Romani Center to ask for some volunteering opportunities. Theyre going light for the summer but Im definitely going to get back to them sooner or later, depending on how my future unfolds.

One of my best friends came to town for couple of days too so I was a bit more social than usual. We got some beautiful weather these days wo we were outside, in parks... Drinking, talking, meeting people (which is like super easy in a town this size)... Felt great; might consider getting out there a bit more often.

And then my workouts. Still going hard but Im particularly getting HAM with the planks. Its a fucking torture but yall know that theres a thin line between pleasure and pain. And Ive been walking it for as long as I can remember. Now, planks tho... I can do like 3 minutes back to back couple of times which would have seemed absolutely impossible couple weeks back when I started with it. And I feel all the good it does to me. I strongly recommend this shit to anybody who has like 15 minutes a day to spare....

Before I wrap it up, let me shout out everybody fighting the good fight, everybody whos in pain, everybody who feels like the world is turning its back on them... I believe that we are stronger than we think, we are more human than we seem and we care more than we show. And we need to cultivate that, scream it out and fight when shit goes left. Cause in this patriarchy capitalism free market system of ours, shit goes left constantly. United we stand, divided we fall! One!

Highlights:

  • New running headphones I got. Crystal clear.
  • Lil Keke & Paul Wall joint album. Theres something about that Houston sound...
  • All my people, all the vibes, all the love. You know what time it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment