Monday, July 6, 2020

Semester 8 Chapter XXI: Ink & Pedals

Whats up everybody. I hope everyone is doing well. Its a lovely summer evening over here, I got new Pop Smoke (R.I.P.) spitting barely acceptable shit in my headphones and I feel fucking great. I how your spirits are all the way up and that youre enjoying yourself at least as much as I do. So without further ado, lets get to it!


Ive taken some more students last week in this language school I work for. You know what I love about teaching? Its actually lots of things but I particularly love the feeling when your students give you kudos. Ive heard that Im the best teacher theyve ever had, Ive heard that Im the first teacher they feel they actually make progress with, Ive heard all kinds of awesome shit. When youre good at something, you usually feel it, but when you get a feedback like this here and there, it makes it even better. Yall know what Im talking about.

Ive been going heavy with workouts too. My plank game is getting stupid and I make sure I make time for all my routines no matter what. Still pushing it till I cant no more. Ive been reading quite a lot too and I started watching this Mrs. America TV Show. Some great content right there. At this point, Im like 4 days away from attempting to pass the final the driving school exam. Fingers crossed. The final exam overlaps with my 33rd b-day so I'm also that close to being one year older. Like I need that.

Tuesday, the fam met up at my favorite vegan joint (Tři Ocásci is the name if you ever make it to Brno) for the dinner. Me, dad, the moms and the nephew. We had some delicious food and caught up on everything. The weather really pushes you to spend as much time out as humanly possible. I mean, Im an outdoor person regardless but now I feel the urge is even stronger.

And then Wednesday. I have a new fucking tattoo. Covers the back of my left thigh (one of the last spots for a bigger project the other being the other thigh; then its neck... and face). I had a great time catching up with the guys at the stu and I enjoyed the hell out of the session. It hurt like hell (knee caps are a motherfucker) and it went for like 5 hours, but the tattoo is there and its fire. More are coming over the summer.

One of my best friends came to Brno for couple of days the day after. That made me a bit more social for a change. Thursday and Friday, we hung out at some of our favorite spots (Na Dráze & Flexaret again, just saying) and on Saturday, we hopped on bikes and did a trip to this town named Blansko about 30km from Brno. Its a great fucking trip with dedicated cycling roads. We hung out by this quarry just by the railway. My friend swam, I didnt (the tattoo). We have been doing this trip ever since we were like 15 years younger and it still kicks. For one, its a beautiful ride. On top of that, it brings all kinds of memories. Tons of them.

On Sunday, I met up with the guy again as he was looking after his 4 years old niece. We both have grown to be pretty cool with kids so it was all good. Vegan ice cream, coffee, chill. I just wonder how the view of two heavily tatted up guys eating ice cream with a little girl looks like to random people walking by... In the evening, I went to Na Dráze again to say bye to him and to enjoy the afternoon and some cold ass beer. Then it was one more online class and the week is basically over with.

Ive been working on some more transcriptions too, trying to accumulate some more moolah. Ive been also talking to my peers all over the world. As usual. And that's pretty much it. Another week has passed, Im loving the summer, Ive been sending out my first invoices (being all self-employed and shit)... I feel good, I feel loved, all is 100%. Shout out to all my readers! One!

Highlights:

  • Mrs. America.
  • Bike trips.
  • TATTOOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment