Here we go again. Let’s talk
about pain for a bit. I mean physical pain, I’m not
gonna go deep into emotional pain or anything like that. I consider myself a
person who generally doesn’t mind
pain. I don’t care much about injuries,
falling from things, getting hit by things or getting tattoos. I actually think
one of the reasons I get along with tattoo artist so well is that I don’t freak out and we usually talk for
the whole session. However, there is one exception that fucks me up. Teeth. As
I mentioned before, I’m about
to get my braces and in order to do that, some of my teeth had to be extracted
as there are too many of them. The day finally came this past Friday. And although
I wasn’t too worried, I absolutely
had that weird feeling all over my body the day before. I just hate when teeth
hurt or when shit is being done in that area. Fortunately, my dad has a friend
who is a dental surgeon so the thing was done in a friendly environment with
local anesthetics and shit. All I had to do was to close my eyes (as the sight
on all the fucking tools was driving me nuts) and just let them do the damage.
No pain, just this dull feeling of somebody applying tremendous amount of
pressure in places that pressure has no business being applied under normal
circumstances. And then a tram ride back home with you face turned off, just
hanging off your skull. That was Friday. I was supposed to go to Prague for the
weekend but as recovery tutorial says no hanging outside, no warm food and no alcohol,
I passed. Ever since than I’ve been
lying around, watching stuff, reading like crazy and eating room temperature
meals. But it is done. The feeling is weird; at the end of the day there are
two massive teeth in my mouth missing, but in like 8 days the journey to get it
all straight begins. Fuck yeah!

What else. I’ve been
teaching a lot as usual. Still having fun with it. On Tuesday, the fam met up
at this outdoor theater stage in the city center to catch a play. As my dad is
very well connected basically with everybody in the city, it is really easy to
get free tickets to events like that. It was me, him, his gf and the girls. When
the show started, I realized I saw it last year already. But since there was a
lots of improvisation and some cast changes, I enjoyed the hell out of it
again. Same as everyone else. It was paused due to some heavy rain in the beginning
but overall a great experience.


I had a friend in the city for a bit so we had chance to
hangout here and there. I also went to this tennis club place close to the main
railway station for the first time. No idea how the hell I didn’t know about it but it is pretty
cool. Outside seating surrounded by greenery with trains going by on a nearby
bridge here and there. What a spot. On Thursday I even did a beer with my neighbor
for the first time. Oh yeah, and I picked up my driver’s license. I got that motherfucker; it can’t be any more official that this. Yesterday,
the moms and the nephew stopped by to make us some zucchini risotto. You know
taking care of me and alll.


So here I am. Still at home, can’t really run or workout still. Apparently, these things
increase your blood pressure which is the last thing you wanna do when you have
two massive holes in your jaws. But in couple of days it should be all gucci. Now
I’m listening to some barefoot hip-hop
(I see you Logic) feeling pretty good. Shout out to all my people, shout out to
everybody reading this. You know what it is. One!
Highlights:
- Surviving the extraction.
- Reading. I have so much time for it, it’s beautiful.
- Coronavirus. Looks like it’s
slowly coming back over here. Like we need that.
No comments:
Post a Comment