Monday, September 27, 2021

Semester 11 Chapter IV: Reunion

What’s cracking. It’s Monday morning and I’m in a pretty awesome apartment in the old town of the city of Budva down in Montenegro. Weather outside is real nice, the place is beautiful and the vibe is lovely. While my friends are doing some work at their computers, I’ve decided to write another chapter of this opus before I’ll jump into some work too… First things first tho. 





So last Sunday, I actually got another tattoo. We managed to cover the fingers on my left hand so I’m yet again a little less employable but I totally feel better. The pain was a motherfucker, trust me, this is not the best spot in that regards but it’s all good. More ink equals more happiness. 







 

I made it back to Brno Monday early morning and I was kinda busy over the week. I’ve accepted some more classes and now I feel I work exactly as much as I should. The week has been a bit slow on my workouts and shit as my fingers were fucking wrapped in plastic and swollen as hell for about 4 days. I managed to do some running tho…





 

Monday, I joined my dad for the infamous pub quiz at his pub. Came late, didn’t really contribute anything but totally enjoyed the evening (and my dad's team won). On Tuesday, we all went to my sis’ for some dinner and some good old fashioned family love, and the day after I met up with my bro and his friend in this pub just around the corner. I also had a chance to spend some time with my my sis’ fiancee and the little one Thursday morning. 


The absolute highlight of last week was my travel to Montenegro tho. Friday night I went to the bus station and took a coach to Budapest where I arrived at around 6am. I took it to the airport and used the time before the flight to take a nap and to teach a class. The actual flight to Podgorica was slightly over one hour and I got there shortly after 1pm. The journey was smooth; I only got asked about the negative COVID test before boarding and after landing. And after that it’s been nothing but a vibe. 

 

The sisters (who were like the essential part of my Shanghai life) arrived couple minutes after in a car driven by a guy from this car rental company. After processing the wave of emotions (it’s been over a year and a half after all), we hopped in the car and went on the road. I was super happy that I managed to sleep on the bus and on the airport; wasn’t tired at all and actually enjoyed the drive (I'm the only driver in the gang now). We did some gas station coffee on the way and in about 1 hour we arrived to Budva and checked into our accommodation. We spent the day walking around, doing some meals, chilling at beaches and a drink in this lovely hipster overpriced joint nearby. Lovely. 

 

On Sunday, we took the car and went to the Perazica beach close to Petrovac. Beautiful beach with this never-finished skeleton of a hotel right by it (would be great place for acid trips or raves), nice little walk to Petrovac, vegan ice cream and a boat ride to this picturesque island nearby with a tiny church on top of it. It’s beautiful how natural this feels. With some people you slide right back into it regardless of how long you haven’t actually seen one another. On the way back, we stopped by at Sveti Stefan and did a short walk around beaches and areas that belong to some rich fuckers. When we got home, I made us a quick vegan pasta with some veggies and we went for some beers in a pub by the beach. We wrapped the whole evening up in front of our apartment. See, it’s located on the second floor and we had a nice little terrace in front of it. The old town is full of these old stone houses packed around these gorgeous narrow alleys so it’s a really nice setting.

 

This morning, we drove to one of the medical centers nearby to do my COVID test and the I was researching if that motherfucker cuts it in terms of traveling back to Europe. Since Montenegro is not EU and is also a red country on basically all the COVID lists, the information on paper look pretty insane. However, I’m optimistic about it and I decided not to worry about it anymore. I just wanna take this time to appreciate the fact I made it here and we got to do this. Reminiscing about my Shanghai life… That shit moves me. I’m just so grateful for all the time I got to spent there, for all the shit I realized over there and for all the people I met. When I visualize all these streets, all the spots, all the never ending bike rides and hangouts… All the love… And how normal it was for us to just live there and call that place our home… I feel both extremely happy and a little sad. Shanghai was one of the most important and formative parts of my life and being here only reminds me of that. There’s so much love and positivity that has burst out of it, it’s really hard to believe. And I love the fact I still have these people, I will forever have these memories and I am who I am because I was fortunate enough to experience this. One!

 

Highlights:

  • Tattoo.
  • Montenegro.
  • Fucking REUNION.

No comments:

Post a Comment