Sunday, April 9, 2023

Semester 14 Chapter X: Late Night Cabs

What’s good… Another week wrapped up. Sitting at this Hemingway Café once again, the staff is getting the whole joint ready and I’m about to get my morning cappuccino in no time. It’s a bit chilly but overall you can tell the temperature is rising. And here and there, I remind myself of how good we got it over here. Shit, in the Czech Republic it’s been fucking snowing lately. Still.

 


Well, last week… On Monday, I drove Pluto to the mechanic’s for a check-up. He cleaned the whole cooling system, changed some ventilators and fixed some minor issues. Nice little 100 EUR but it seems like the car actually does work a bit better now. My usual car shop was closed so I went to a guy next door and even though his English was also non-existent, we figured it all out. And it was fun.

 


My dad was here for couple more days so we had some more time to hang out, eat some good food and drink some beers. I dropped him off the airport Wednesday morning and I felt happy that he felt happy about his whole stay here. It was just Tenerife and both me and him are familiar with the place at this point but we did some exploration, we did some good talks. And at moments, it was resembling our adventure times on the other side of the planet.

 


I spent quite a lotta of time with the girl too. Hangouts, walks with the dog, stuff like that. We did a trip to Cristianos on Friday, spent some time chilling over there, and in the evening, we decided to come back for some partying. Now, musically, we come from two different worlds. So yet again, we ended up going to some hard rock clubs. Drinking beer, taking shots, getting twisted. It’s a world I had not stepped in before in Tenerife and it feels like walking into some weird movies. It’s entertaining as fuck. I would also like to give us a special shout out for not taking Pluto that time. We figured that since the objective is to get fucked up, we’re taking bus on the way there and a taxi on the way back. Apart from the fact that the taxi costs about as much as gas for Pluto for 10 days, it was obviously a much better choice. Mature and responsible. We spent the next day not doing jack shit. Which was also fucking great.

 


Once I finish my coffee, I’m gonna jump back in Pluto, go home, do some workout and running (after these two days of getting fucked up and lying around), I might finish some work with my dad, do some work by my own and then see what the rest of the day brings. Hope you guys are doing well, sending love to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • My dad.
  • Lazy days.
  • Active days.

No comments:

Post a Comment