Okay, yet another Sunday, here we go. Last week has been a pretty eventful one. My dad arrived Sunday morning and ever since then, I’ve been moving around like crazy. Different trips, different towns, good food and excessive amounts of beer. But let’s start from the beginning.
So yeah, Sunday morning, I picked my dad up at the airport and we kicked it off by some beers in Galletas. The cool thing about my dad’s stay is that he doesn’t fully rely on me. He’s got some buddies staying on the island so he spends some time playing cards with them too. So far his nights were distributed pretty much 50/50 between me and them. And it’s been good. Different places, different bars, different towns. Last week, I was torturing Pluto a little bit. See, my dad’s friend has a house nearly all the way up in Santiago Del Teide and pushing this old fucking car up the highway with the pedal on the metal is a bit of pain. You fucking watch the thermometer going up praying for the best. And I’ve done that shit 3 times last week.
The highlight was easily yesterday. We did a trip to Orotava (my first time), Puerto De La Cruz (my second time) and Garachico. Orotava in particular is a very picturesque town. Whole lotta churches, couple of nice buildings and squares and pretty spectacular Victoria Gardens in the center. Plus the views down at the ocean and Puerto. Puerto is okay but packed with tourists; didn’t spend too much time over there. We did some ice cream and beer in Garachico and then we went up the hill to get to Santiago Del Teide. Pluto was doing okay all the way up to the last part. At that point, the engine temperature got high enough for me to stop the car at the nearest restaurant for a beer and wait for it to cool off. Got some more coolant into the system and we were good. Gonna bring the car to the mechanic’s sometime soon just to see if there’s anything else we can do to boost cooling. Pretty sure it’s really just the combination of an old car and a weak engine but maybe there’s a way. We’ll see. We stopped by at my dad’s friend on the way back, we got some more beer and then I went to Isidro for my meet-up.
Apart from that, we’ve been to Adeje, we did a pretty nice trip to Playa San Juan, we went to Isidro couple more times. Happy days. I’ve been reasonably busy with work but nothing too crazy. I’ve actually had a whole lot of last minute cancels which basically means less work while still getting paid. Last week was pretty heavy on those.
So yeah, everything is going well here. I’m having a blast, my dad is enjoying his stay, everything is just the way it’s supposed to be. I still have about a half of Sunday ahead of me and I’m pretty sure we gonna spend the most of it outside. Hope y’all having a great time too. One!
Highlights:
- Road Trips.
- Hangouts.
- This bar in Isidro with a live Spanish singer going all in with the vocals and moves. Such a random evening with so much good energy. Gotta get back there soon.

















No comments:
Post a Comment