Sunday, April 30, 2023

Semester 14 Chapter XIII: Back Home

What’s up everybody. It’s Sunday noon and I’m sitting in my dad’s apartment in Brno. It’s always good being back here. This morning I did about 15km run around the city, then had some lunch and watched the first episode of this new Czech TV series named Volha which looks really good. My dad and his partner went out for two days so I have the apartment for myself and I’m decompressing. Some rap blasting out the speaker, I feel fucking great.

 


Last week was pretty eventful. I had to wrap up my life in Tenerife. For now. Cleaned the apartment, said by to my flatmate, had some goodbye hangouts, parked Pluto and went to the airport. Lotta my things stayed there tho so I’m definitely coming back when the summer’s over. Again, I feel great about these past two months and I think it’s pretty cool going back there once I enjoy everything I intend to enjoy over here.

 


I arrived to Brno Thursday early morning and found my dad waiting for me in the living room with some welcome drink. I obviously still work over here but I’m squeezing as much of other shit in too. I managed to grab a lunch with my sis on my first day here, I picked up my nephew from his kindergarten along with her fiancee the day after… We all hung out for a bit and then we spent the evening celebrating dad’s bday. We’re still solid. We got into the longest talks on philosophy, politics, mental health… As we always do. Went to bed at around 3.

 

On Satuday we paid a visit to my bro living just outside of Brno. Met up with my sis and the little one at the railway station. Her girl joined us later. My nephew passionately loves trains so he had a blast on the way there and back. Since my bro has a small baby too, it was more of a family day with some food and beer. Seeing these kids being kids… Gotta say… I feel fucking great not having one. Apart from all of that apocalypse coming within our lifetime shit, it's really hard work...

 


Last night I probably got my first solid good night sleep since my arrival. But everything has been great. I love my runs, I love the walks with the dog, I love talking to all these people. And there’s more to come. Oh, and I also managed to recorded this little freestyle I got in the chamber for a while: https://soundcloud.com/taeb31/grind_freestyle. Hope you guys are doing well too. Sending some love to everybody out there. Small shit matters, mental health matters, balance matters, inner peace matter. Don’t you ever forget that. One!


Highlights:

  • Brno.
  • Shop assistance asking me for an ID when I wanted to buy a bottle of Jameson. Made me remove my shades and cap too to double check. Hasn’t happened to me in ages.
  • My fam, my people.


No comments:

Post a Comment