Sunday, September 3, 2023

Semester 15 Chapter I: Lucy In The Fields With Moonlight

Hey y’all. Here we are. I’m kicking off the 15th semester of this magnum opus. August is over, we’re slowly moving towards fall and before I get any further, I’d like to take a moment to appreciate this year. It’s been a fucking ride. Tenerife, Vilnius, Amsterdam, Brno, Prague, Krakow, Vancouver… And there’s more to come. After some years, I decided to to spend some more time home and I’ve been really enjoying it. See, I still don’t feel ready relocating back to the Czech Republic long-term anytime soon but it’s been refreshing just sticking around not feeling the pressure of leaving shortly. Got about one more month before moving back to Tenerife and I’m getting excited about that too. Overall, time has flown like a motherfucker. Guess that’s what happens when shit is fun and everything moves. So shout out to everyone who’s been a part of any of this. Been having a blast.

 


As for the last week… Monday, I went out to join my dad’s trivia once more. Just to routinely remind myself of all the areas I completely lack knowledge in. Mission fucking accomplished. Dad’s team still won tho as they often do so it was all good. Rest of the week was relatively calm. Wednesday, I met up with a friend for a drink. Outside of that, I kept it low. Just work and my usual regime.

 


There’s been plans for the weekend tho. Friday afternoon, me and one of my bros jumped into a car and went to my dad’s partner’s cottage. Same one I spent the weekend at like two weeks ago for that family session. Our objective was basically to trip the fuck out, talk and reboot. Which is exactly what we’ve done. I had a chance to spend some time in the woods just appreciating nature and fresh air… I generally feel that being exposed to pure nature feels better with each passing year. It just works; everything about it. Maybe it’s an age thing, maybe it’s the ability to acknowledge complexity, elegance and uniqueness of the whole set-up… Dunno. But walking, running or cycling surrounded by all that greenery just hits different. Oh and Friday night, the moon was so bright, you could easily walk outside with no torch. Shit looked magical.



It’s Sunday morning, I’m still out in the country drinking some fresh coffee and watching the world wake up. Might be a bit more outdoors today and then it’s back to Brno and back to the responsibilities. Since it’s September again, I expect some more work coming up. Hope everybody’s enjoyed their summer, hope y’all good and everything’s going just the way you want it to. One!

 



Highlights:

  • Drives.
  • Walks.
  • Trips.


No comments:

Post a Comment