Hello world, here we go again. Slightly delayed but I’ve been all over the place. Better now than never, right… Summer is back on full blast in the Czech Republic which is fucking awesome. Me catching cold for some fucked up reason is not that awesome but hey… Shit happens. It’s Monday afternoon, I just got back from a lovely walk with the doggo, I got some more ahead of me today… And apart from the running nose, I feel splendid. Let’s get to it then…
Last Monday, I met up with our neighbors. They’re this nice couple with a kid of my nephew’s age. The guy works for the local planetarium and he has arranged some tickets for me in the past couple times. I’d say we go out for a drink about once a year. When the stars align (pun intended). I usually see their son only briefly in the hall and he’s generally pretty shy but this time he got comfortable and I nearly couldn’t shake him off. It was fun.
On Wednesday I met up with my sis who had just got back from her holiday in Ibiza. Partying her ass off, burning money, chasing women… I don’t know… Anyways, the evening was cool, we had some good food and we properly caught up. I really enjoyed Friday too. I was done with all my work quite early so I hopped on my bike and did a solo ride to the town of Blansko. It's like 25km from Brno and there’s this quarry right by railways where people technically shouldn’t swim but the kinda do. It surrounded by rocks and woods and it’s just picturesque. Hadn’t been there in a while. There was almost nobody around, water was refreshing, the whole shit was beautiful. On the way back I stopped by for some veggie ice cream and in the evening I was wandering around the city with some music on. Here and there, it feels great taking some me time.
Saturday early morning, I was heading to the railway station to meet up with my music bro. Oh, I totally recorded some ad-libs for his project last week too. That was fun. Anyways, before 7am we were already on a train to the Vysočina region. We got to Studenec and then walked around 7km to the village of Koněšín. It’s a place I kinda like. When I was a kid, we used to go there for weekends and summers. My memories are a bit bitter-sweet as, apart from gorgeous nature, they’re connected to the family falling apart, my mother losing her shit to booze and all that fun stuff. It’s also a place where we got our first doggo and where we buried him some 17 years after. It’s a lot. I still like to go to the area once in a while. I know it pretty well and there’s something to it for sure. We stayed in this ceramic workshop complex owned by my dad’s friend. It’s also a pub and hostel. And we wasted no time. At 10am we were already on a scheduled boat on the local water reservoir (Dalešická přehrada) on our way to Dalašice. They have this iconic brewery over there and they have some alcohol-free beer on tap. Yay! After that we hiked all the way back, took a swim somewhere in the middle and made it back sometime in the evening. Almost 30km of walking, great weather, nice little bromance.
Sunday morning we were on our way back to the station and by lunchtime we were in Brno. Met up with sis and nephew, grabbed some lunch and later on in the afternoon met up with my sis again, this time in front of this tiny cinema (Lucerna) to finally check Oppenheimer. I got a lotta respect for Nolan and I enjoyed every minute of that fucking movie.
And that brings us to today. I’ve done some work, spent some time outside, had lunch with dad… And in the evening my gf is arriving to Brno. Been ages since we’ve seen each other so I’m pretty excited about that. Hope y’all have a good time and your lives are stress-free. One!
Highlights:
- Quarries.
- Reservoirs.
- We saved a kitty. In the middle of fields, meowing its ass off on a tree. Couldn’t get down. We helped it out, it was following us for good 30 mins and then it disappeared in one of the gardens in the village. Which was great because we honestly had no idea what to do with it.









No comments:
Post a Comment